KIOST

Open a Mobile's Menu

News

Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology

KIOST Hosts International Seminar 2017

• HITS : 7453
  • Date : 2017-12-01
[초청장]KIS2017 프로그램.pdf 바로보기 [그림1] 바로보기

The Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology (KIOST, President Hong Gi-hoon) announced that it will be hosting the KIOST International Seminar 2017 (KIS 2017) under the theme “New Observations & New Applications” from December 4 to 5 (Monday to Tuesday) at the new KIOST headquarters in Busan. 

Marking the event’s second year, KIS 2017 is the first international seminar KIOST has hosted since the relocation of its headquarters to Busan. Participated in by over 100 marine experts working in academia, industry, and research institutes from Korea and overseas, KIS is held for the purpose of discussing national and international issues that involve ocean science and technology, such as climate change, the seabed, and the development of facilities for social overhead capital in the marine sector as well as collecting opinions on KIOST’s contribution to the local community.

The seminar will be held for two days, during which time in-depth discussions will be held on a variety of subjects, including: KIOST’s exploration of the Indian Ocean in 2017; the new geostationary ocean color imager GOCI II; hydrothermal vent exploration in the Indian Ocean; and marine safety structures (Monday, December 4) as well as joint national response and management measures and KIOST’s development measures after its relocation to Busan (Tuesday, December 5).

“KIS is a platform for presenting new plans and exciting themes in ocean science for both Korea and the rest of the world,” explained KIOST President Hong Gi-hoon. He added, “I believe that KIS will grow to become a major ocean science forum; and toward that end, I will do my best to make good use of KIOST’s new strategic location in Busan, which is a port city and the hub of ocean science in Korea.”

list

Content Manager :

Last Update : 2024-01-31