As the only comprehensive marine research institute in Korea, KIOST pursues broad and in-depth research in the field of oceanography. Therefore, KIOST decided to model its symbol after the image of the tail of a whale, which freely roams the depths of the ocean, and the whale’s tail was created in the shape of a “K” to represent Korea.
- A combination of KIOST’s wordmark (graphic representation of its name) and symbol
- The corporate identity expresses the new name and image of the institute in a positive and stylish way.
- The symbol was created in the shape of a “K” to express the institute’s importance to the Republic of Korea.
- In addition, the tale of a whale, a creature that roams freely in the depths of the ocean, was chosen as the design motif for KIOST’s CI logo with the aim of expressing the institute’s dynamism.
- The letters were made to flow one after the other smoothly as a way of expressing the institution’s emphasis on continuous communication.
- The letter “O” in the word mark was designed to symbolize the infinite potential and dynamism of the world’s oceans.
- Content Manager :
- Last Update : 2017-06-27